Here’s a confession: while most people hate the transition and waiting at the airports, I love it as an opportunity to browse all the gorgeous stores and sometimes find stuff that’s not available anywhere else! Recently while travelling I had a couple of hours to kill at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport so I got into a duty free cosmetics store. I stumbled upon this interesting product called Revlon Balm Stains and was intrigued because we don’t have many options for Balm Stains in India!
Revlon Balm Stains
The Revlon Balm Stain has a balmy formula that feels very soft and gives your lips a soft stain of color. It is not a Matte balm and leaves a slight glossy tint on the lips but not very slippery. The colors are not opaque since it is just a stain, but can be built up by layering it few times. One interesting feature of these stains is that it gives a cool tingly sensation on your lips that goes away after some time! 🙂 I got my hands on Exclusive Travel Collection set which consists of 3 shades: Rendezvous, Sweetheart and Honey. Here are the details of these shades:
- Rendezvous: It is a bright reddish orange stain that will suit lighter skin tones. Since the color is not very opaque it can be worn even on a daily basis without looking inappropriate.
- Sweetheart: this is the most pigmented stain of all the three balm stains I own. It comes in a bright pink shade that will suit all the skin tones. It is more like a lipper but with a moisturizing balm feel to it.
- Honey: a perfect nude shade with mauve and pink undertones that is best described as ‘my lips but better’. It is apt for days when you wanna go for minimalist looks.
Things I loved about this product:
- Very moisturizing, doesn’t feel dry on lips
- Stains your lips for good 5 to 6 hours
- Hassle free application: comes in a cute retractable chubby stick, no sharpener required
- Light pigmented, perfect for everyday wear
- Color can be built up with multiple layers
- Color coded packaging is really helpful
- Sits on your lips, doesn’t bleed at all
- Glossy but not very oily
Things I did not like:
- This variant is not available in India easily. I could find the matte range on Amazon but those are priced much more that what I got mine for
- Matte lovers might not like it Coz it has a gloss finish
Price: I bought the set for 100 rp which converts to about INR 1500 for the set of 3 Balm Stains!
Overall I loved these Balm Stains from Revlon and have been using them daily ever since I got them. So if you or any of your friends are travelling, you know what to look out for at the duty free store 😉